What to expect
The postdoctoral researcher will be part of a team starting a new research direction in the study of energy- and financial transitions that will have important implications for studying phenomena at the intersection of energy geopolitics, geoeconomics, and geofinance. The initial contract is for one year, possibly extending annually up to 4 years. There is a possibility to teach between year 2–4.
- Producing high-quality research and joint publications aligned with the ENFIN scope in high-impact journals
- Help shape and participate in seminars and conferences organized around the ERC project
- Some traveling/fieldwork is expected
- Opportunity for further career and professional development (e.g. via methodological trainings, and media training)
- Close collaboration with the PI and the rest of the team
- Opportunity to mentor and supervise postgraduate students
What you have to offer
- Completed a Ph.D. at a leading University in a related social science discipline with a strong commitment to research
- An excellent publication record relative to career stage (articles in top-tier journals will be considered as an asset)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Sound knowledge in finance, economics or politics
- Ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary and international team
- Make a solid contribution to the program’s research culture and environment
- Postdoc qual: outstanding and demonstrated expertise in qualitative methods (e.g., case study, process tracing, historical- and comparative approaches), experience in Bayesian Inference in a qualitative context is a plus
- Postdoc quant: excellent analytical and methodological skills, advanced training in quantitative data analysis (expertise in latent growth curve modeling (e.g., multigroup LGCM) will be considered an asset)
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €4,351.90 (14 times per year). This salary may be adjusted based on equivalent prior work experience. In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive social benefits.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by October 25, 2023 (ID 1865).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!