This is an exciting opportunity to join the Future Finance for All UKRI/ESRC funded project which is led by the University of Bristol that takes a mission led approach to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and Mid-Tier firms accelerate the adoption of technological innovation in financial services. You will join a team of social scientists across business and management, geography, law and innovation studies, working with the SETsquared Partnership and FinTech West, to develop and research the Future Finance 4 All innovation adoption accelerator in financial services (and financial technology).
What will you be doing?
- Supporting and researching the establishment and implementation of the financial services accelerator with internal and external strategic partners;
- Implementing a range of qualitative research techniques (e.g. interviewing, case studies, ethnography) to capture, analyse and present data collected from SME and Mid-tier participants, and stakeholders who use the accelerator;
- Contribute to academic outputs, policy briefings, workshops and conferences, blogs and social media, and engagement with stakeholders (e.g. regulators, FinTech National Network) for wider impact
You should apply if
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g. Business and Management, Innovation Studies, Economic Sociology, Human Geography)
- Significant background knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: financial services and FinTech, innovation and technology studies, entrepreneurship,
- Strong qualitative research skills, to include: ethnography, interviewing
- Experience of or capacity for/interest in interdisciplinary research across Social Science and Innovation studies; and, accelerator programmes.
Please contact Jonathan Beaverstock (Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about the project and for an informal discussion about the post.
Contract type: Open-Ended with Fixed Funding for 12 months
Work pattern: Full Time
School/Unit: Business School
This advert will close at 23:59 GMT on Sunday 3rd September 2023
Our strategy and mission
We recently launched our strategy to 2030 tying together our mission, vision and values.
The University of Bristol aims to be a place where everyone feels able to be themselves and do their best in an inclusive working environment where all colleagues can thrive and reach their full potential. We want to attract, develop, and retain individuals with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives – particularly people of colour, LGBT+ and disabled people – because diversity of people and ideas remains integral to our excellence as a global civic institution.